Friday, January 10, 2014

Crying Over Chipped Nail Polish.

This has been a long over-due blog.  But, I think I've finally got my thoughts together enough to write it all down. 

This past...week, or so...I've felt out of sync.  

December was a hard month for us.  We had some water damage in our home, Caden got a speeding ticket, we had to buy new tires on our car, our dryer broke, and Hazel got sick.   Luckily, we sailed through it all with flying colors.  I've got a husband who is an expert at going with the flow which greatly helps me when I start to worry.  

However, on Tuesday, Caden and I went snowboarding and he hurt his shoulder.  After a trip to the doctor, an X-ray, and a prescription for pain meds, we headed home.   That same day, we took Hazel in to the doctor because of a three week cough that's been lingering way too long. We got some antibiotics for her and all was well. 

We came home, Caden rested his shoulder, Hazel took a nap and I packed my lunch for work.   Out of nowhere, I broke down.   I suddenly felt overwhelmed with anything and everything.  Everything needed cleaning, fixing, organizing, or polishing--including my chipped nail polish.   I felt overwhelmed with things that didn't matter and I stressed about things I couldn't fix.

As I packed my lunch, I cried at the idea of leaving my sick baby and my hurt husband to go take care of strangers at the hospital.  I cried that I didn't want to be a nurse.  I cried that I would be wasting all my education if I chose to quit my job and stay home.  I cried that I was crying when I needed to be strong for my hurt and sick family. 

Caden came around the corner, saw that I was crying and immediately hugged me without knowing the cause of my tears.  He asked what was wrong and I felt silly for telling him that I was crying about my chipped nail polish.  

Sometimes I just get overwhelmed.  With everything.   It doesn't happen often.  Maybe once every three months, but sometimes I just have to cry about everything. 

Caden hugged me and told me he loved me.  He promised me we would get through all the financial and medical burdens and then he said "I'll be here for you always and forever.  You've got a husband who loves you unconditionally." 

And all the sudden, life felt right again. 

Sometimes I forget how amazing my life is, and I fret about things that don't matter.  Sometimes I forget to count my blessings.   But, on those days, I have Caden to hug me and tell me it's all going to be okay. 

And for that, I'm incredibly grateful. 



4 comments:

Crystal Valentine Garner said...

Thanks for posting this to FB. I always LOVE your blog, but forget to read it. This post is wonderful. You are such a darling family!

Unknown said...

I love this post! So glad you have such a sweet husband! I am the same way sometimes I just get overwhelmed with everything and its nice to have a husband to lift you back up! What a blessing sweet husbands are!

Morgan McRory said...

Callie! We must be on the same emotional ride cause last week was the same for me. We've had a lot of expenses (medical, school, etc.) and then Lewis just got sick and I've been feeling under the weather and one night I got home from the gym and Lewis wouldn't go to me. He screamed when I tried to take him and even trying to nurse him he sobbed. I took the next day off and just wanted to quit my job so bad, but with Shawn not working it's not really an option right now. Shawn just reassured me and told me he could go get a job if it's what I wanted. We're blessed with great husbands who know just what to say and how to love us! Chin up! You guys are such a great family and I love hearing that we're all in this crazy journey together!

LC said...

I love this and it made me laugh a little. I also cried last week over chipped nail polish. :)