Friday, May 15, 2009

Hey, Yo. Can I Have Yo' Numba?!

Dating in high school is way different than dating when you're 22 years old.
Now-a-days people date to find a spouse, and it's weird.
What are the rules to that?
...What if you just want to hang out but totally don't want to marry the dude?
...Do you not date them because they aren't husband material?

AND. WHY do I keep dating return missionary, temple-worthy, church-going, scripture-reading, future-bishop boys?

UM, I don't go to church. Or read scriptures. Or visit the temple. Or want to be a bishop.
That makes for a weird relationship. So WHY do I keep dating these people?

Here is my hypothesis: because there is no middle ground. Either boys are party animals who drink 'til they pass out, or future bishop. NO middle ground.

Frankly, I'd rather my husband pray at night rather than pass out with beer in hand.
Eh, go figure.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You marry the bishop...
I'll marry the drunk. :D

T said...

CALLIE! I PROMISE there IS a middle ground...and you DO NOT want your boyfriend to pray and ask forgiveness for making out with you right after the fact...PLEASE don't marry a future bishop... PLEASE???

andrea gale said...

sometimes i pass out from praying. it's usually pretty late at night, though. that might have something to do with it. dude, dating is confusing. blechy.

Cassie said...

hahahahhahaha

Morgan Greaves said...

hahahaha....love this post! DATING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!