Friday, December 17, 2010

Orientation, day #1.

I had my nursing orientation today.
I cried tears of joy the whole way home.

This is happening for me, and I'm super stoked.

Remember how I thought I was so behind
and wasted so much time and
blah, blah, blah? 

Turns out that I'm one of the youngest in my class. 
Welp, that was a big shocker.

These people have marriages, and kids, and other degrees.   And here I am, feeling like I'm a little younging again instead of 100 years old.   Such great news.

More great news, I got a scholarship.
They are practically paying me to go to school.

Ohhh man, things are working out.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be over here counting my blessings.

3 comments:

Chanse and Janell said...

YAY Callie!!! So so so happy for you : )

Estelle said...

OhMyGoodness, Callie love, I am so excited for you. :-D

Robert said...

Ahaha, I remember my orientation. The faculty tried to scare us into thinking it was impossible to get through nursing school, regardless of the fact they graduate over 200 brand new RNs every semester.

Then they tried to kill us with sheer boredom and paperwork. And they damn near succeeded.

Best of luck with nursing school. You CAN do it, and though it will feel agonizingly slow at times, it will be over before you know it.

Then the really scary part starts...