Thursday, December 27, 2012

Grumpy to Grateful.

Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the stresses of life.  

Bills. Finances. Jobs. Insurance. Groceries. Chores.

Blah.
Blah.
Blah.

Today I was flustered and upset.  I had a miscommunication at work and my insurance still hasn't kicked in.  We are having a baby and need insurance, so of course I stressed about it all day long.  And still am stressing.  

Yet, I came home today and I walked into our apartment with hands full of groceries.  Our apartment was warm and toasty and smelled like candles.  I had enough money to buy our favorite treats and all the food to fill our tummies.  Caden was hard at work at a company we both love and my mom was on the phone, calming me down and supporting me through the decisions of insurance and big kid life.   

So, why was I upset?  Why do I worry?   Why do I get grumpy and forget all the things that are great in my life? 

I am way too blessed and I forget that much too often.   So this blog is to remind me of that.  Not to brag about the blessings I have, but to remind myself that I have so much to be grateful for and I can-not-must-not-never-ever forget that.


1 comment:

j-mescott said...

Hey I have a blog now. So excited. I'll have to send you an invite.