Friday, January 4, 2013

Baby Hall at 13 weeks.


Here is little baby Hall.   [This is my most favorite picture as of now.]  We had another ultrasound yesterday and our doctor is 99% sure baby is a girl.   How can he be so sure at only 13 weeks though, so I'm trying not to get too excited.  I've only painted the entire house pink.    ...kidding.     She is a little thumb sucker though, which I think is way too adorable.    Melts my little heart.

We decided to participate in a new Mom study.  They are hoping to find early signs of pregnancy complications and need mom's who have never been pregnant before to be a part of the study.  Caden loves research and we get 3 free ultrasounds, so we said yes.   This little picture was taken by the ultrasound technician at the study.  She was such a nice lady and explained each part of our babe, plus showed us the placenta and my ovaries.   Pretty neat to see.   Then she just held the wand over my tummy and we got to watch baby live, just wiggling and moving about.   I think I could watch her for hours and not even get bored of it.  

Pregnancy has gone really great for me.  I haven't had morning sickness, but like I mentioned before, I get a serious case of the grumps.  Which I hate more than anything.  I would rather be nauseas then grumpy.   I'm not normally a grumpy girl so I can't figure out how to handle these emotions and it makes me crazy.   Luckily, Caden is patient with me and he does whatever he can to make me feel better.   Poor guy gets the blunt of it though.   ...is that the saying?  

I'm still fitting into my normal jeans, just without the button done up.  Thank goodness for long T-shirts.   I work with a girl who is 6 weeks further then me and I am definitely twice as big as she is.   Apparently my tummy grows outwards quickly.  Awesome.   It's fun to have a little baby bump, though and our families love to rub on it and love it.   My niece and nephew like to shake baby and tell her secrets and Caden likes to kiss it before we go to bed.  

Yesterday we bought her a crib and I can't wait to find out for definite if she's truly a girl so I can start buying everything in the store that is pink.   ...or blue.    Baby clothes are way too cute to handle and I hope we strike gold sometime soon so I can buy all the fancy neat baby things they have.

I feel incredibly blessed to be carrying this child.  I have several friends who have been trying for so long to have a baby and my heart aches for them.  I want them to experience this with me and I want to tell them how great it is, without making them feel horribly.   This is something that every woman should experience.   I feel SO lucky to have her growing healthy and SO lucky that she picked us to be her parents.   It makes me cry EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I think about it.   

Just keep growing, baby Hall.   Keep being great.
Can't wait to meet you.
xo 



No comments: