Saturday, July 24, 2010

Don't Forget.

I don't ever want to forget this feeling that I had today.
Never.

Today was the day I got into the nursing program.
The day that all my dreams came true.
Everything I worked so hard for, has finally come to reality.

All the studying, all the tests, all the tears, all the anxiety.
Totally worth it.

I remember dreaming of this day.
...thinking that someday I would be accepted.

And it's finally here and I can't believe it.
Can not believe it.

My friend text me around 2pm, she said she had gotten her letter and been accepted as an alternate.   "Shit," I thought to myself, "that means my letter comes today."   I came home and walked to the mailbox, trying my best not to get my hopes up. 

As I walked into the kitchen, I started opening my letterI didn't tell my mom, in case I had bad news.  As I read "We are pleased to inform you..."  I screamed and kept reading.  The more I read, the more I cried.  

I screamed, again, and told my mom. 
I was shaking and I sat on the couch.  Crying. Laughing. Reading.

I must've read the letter 8 times.

"Is it real, Mom?  It says I'm in, right?  Does it say I've actually been accepted or just an alternate?  Is it real?" 

Couldn't believe it.
Still can't believe it.

Such an amazing feeling, knowing that I'm accomplishing my dreams.  I've made it so far and the journey has only just began.  I'm beyond proud of myself.   I'm incredibly grateful.  I'm incredibly happy.  And, again, incredibly grateful.  

Ugh.
Please, pinch me.

2 comments:

Kaleena J. said...

Yaaaaaaaaay!! I'm happy for you!!! Congrats.

T said...

SO awesome! : ) You deserve it Callie, great job!

xo
T