Monday, March 19, 2012

Mommy's Girl.

It's a weird feeling leaving home after 25 years.  I've always been my mom's baby.  We have always been the best of friends and we've always talked about anything and everything.   So, to leave home and to start a life of my own is kind of a scary thing.  It's scary knowing my mom isn't just downstairs and I can't just holler out when I need her.   It's scary knowing she won't be there to stock the fridge full of groceries or buy new shampoo when I run out.  It's scary knowing she won't be there to wipe up my spills, to do my dirty dishes, or to fold my laundry.  It's scary knowing that dinner won't be sitting on the counter when I come home at night, unless Caden makes it for us.   It's scary knowing she won't be living in the same home as me.   And it makes me sad if I think about it for too long.  
 
Of course I'm excited to start a "big girl" life.  And I'm absolutley thrilled to be living with Caden.  I can't wait to start our lives together as husband and wife and it's a little exciting not knowing what to expect or how to be a wife.  I'm up to the challenge and I'm more than excited about it all.   But, parts of me are sad to leave my mom.   And parts of me wish I could bring her along and keep her in a secret bedroom for when I need her most.   Parts of me want to pack up all her stuff on "accident" so she will be forced to move with us.   But,most parts of me know that I will be okay.  Most parts of me know that Caden and I can and will make it on our own.   It's going to be a bumpy ride and I'll probably cry on more than one occassion, but it's going to be absolutely worth it.   We are going to be husband and wife, and that's the absolute best thing in the whole wide world.
 
Plus, my mom is just 13 minutes away.   Right?

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Hey! That's how old I was when I moved out... and how I felt. I was so super nervous but so excited all at the same time. This might sound funny and maybe it's just my situation but even though my mom and I are apart it only makes us closer. I was a spoiled brat when I lived at home haha. Now that I'm on my own it's like I am on the same level as my mom and we share so many stories. You really do "grow up" and the bond we have had all my life is only stronger. Love moms :)

Brittany said...

And 13 minutes is better than 20 minutes :) haha

Chloe said...

When I first moved out I moved 9 hours away, you'll be okay :) Promise! Just do a load of laundry when you have one. Don't let it pile up or you'll hate the day you have to do 12 loads! Haha :)

pam said...

Callie
I have not read your blog for a while and I came across this one, well needless to say I am crying.
I remember how afraid I was to get married and leave my Mom. I may not be "downstairs" but I am only a phone call away.
As hard as it is for me to let you go this is everything I have ever wanted for you. You and Caden are going to be very happy.
I love you so very much!!
Love
Mom