Thursday, November 8, 2012

Baby Hall: Growing

Written 11/8/12.

Last night I was reading on my BabyApp about our little sea monster.  That's what Caden calls him, because I sent him this picture.  I see the resemblence.



As I'm reading about week 4, I see that the heart, lungs, and spinal cord are forming and what a crucial and important time this is for the fetus.  

Immediatley my heart starts to flutter and I feel more protective and worried about my little uterus than I have ever felt before.   I found myself holding my little tummy and wanting nothing to happen to it or the things that are inside.  

At four weeks I'm already worried about this little guy.   I can't imagine the amount of motherly instincts that kick in when that thing is actually crawling, walking, talking, experiencing real world things.   What an ovewhelming thought.

So, I spend a good chunk of my time worrying about this little sea monster and hoping it's still growing just as it should be until I can see my doctor in four more weeks. 

Keep growing little one.  Stay safe.

1 comment:

Ash. said...

Bah!!! My sister showed me your dang cute baby announcement christmas card thing on fb last night. Congratulations! That is so exciting! There is another app called I'm Expecting. That gives you a week by week too!