Monday, January 17, 2011

Mom.

I had an assignment to write about someone who inspires me.
Thought I would share, since I think she's so great.  
  

------------------------------------------------

I grew up with two older siblings, both girls.  Candie and I are ten years apart; Cassie and I are six.  My sisters and I are all extremely close and we do almost everything united.  We grew up strong women, and I blame that completely on my mother.   I always joke that my mother is a super-hero, and I really believe that she is.   My mom was divorced shortly after I was born and raised three young girls solely on her own.   She taught us manners, morals, and right from wrongEverything I know about life is because of my mother

My mother is loving.  Currently my mom works as a daycare provider out of our home.  She’s been doing this job for ten years, and all ten years she’s done it with a smile.  The children love coming to Pam’s house.  They are welcomed with open arms, hugs and kisses.  She loves each as if they were her own and doesn’t turn any children away.   Her charisma and love is radiating.  The daycare kids sing songs with her, paint with her, help her cook dinner, read books with her and watch Toy Story over and over again.  

My mother is strong.  She always knows what to do or say to help me along the way.  When I feel discouraged or upset, I call my mom and within minutes she has me smiling and feeling like I can conquer the world.  She is full of wisdom, words of advice and great ideas to accomplish any task that seems too hard.  She has taught me to never give up.  She’s taught me that I truly can become anything that I want to be.  She’s helped me through trials, break-ups, education, discouragements and let downs.  She’s been there to celebrate at every homerun, every A+, every new romance and every promotion.   She’s been everything I’ve needed at every point in my life.  

My mother is wiseEverything I’ve ever learned is because of my mother.  She’s been the one to teach me about boys, how to cook, what to do when I have a fever, how to curl my hair the right way, what to put on a zit, what makes a tummy-ache go away.  She knows the remedy to any sort of pain or discomfort, even if it’s just a back tickle.  She only has one rule in her house and she never lets me forget it; “Boys are dumb.”   She knows how to solve any puzzle, open any jar, find any missing sock, cook any meal and clean any stain.  

My mother is great, in every way possible.  She’s everything I hope to become in a wife, a sister, a grandmother and a mother.   She’s my best friend.  She’s my rock.  She’s everything I’ve ever needed in my life.  She’s been there in everything I’ve ever needed, no matter how big or small the task.  I can’t ever remember a time that my mom has let me downNever ever has she let me down.  She’s a rock star, a goddess, a queen, a superhero.   

She’s my mother, 
and I’m so very grateful for that.

6 comments:

pam said...

Callie, I don't even know what to say, You three girls are my whole world and now you 3 are "my rock" Thank you for all the kind words. I love you!!

pam said...

I do have to add one thing, the "boys are dumb" has become kind of a private joke with us because it seems like whenever there are tears in the house it's because of a boy...So my comment has always been..Boys are dumb....Braxton is the exception to the rule.

Frazzled-Razzle-RN said...

What a very beautiful tribute to your mom.

Susan said...

You should submit this for the Pineapple Award!!

Erin said...

Such a nice little tribute to your adorable mother! Not to mention she has the best style and hair :) We love Pam !

oops! said...

I agree with every word you wrote! I Love Pam too!