Sunday, December 24, 2017

Mom to 4 Girls.

Here it is: My first picture with all four of my babies.


All girls.
All the time.

Bring on the glitter and the pigtails, because this shiz is about to get crazy.

People ask me all the time what I'm most afraid of when having twins.
It's really not the two-babies-at-once.   I feel like that's pretty manageable.

What terrifies me is the idea that my two older girls will feel like I don't have time for them.  I never want them to feel pushed aside, or second best

I find myself constantly trying to mentally prepare for four children.   How do I budget my time? How do I make each of them feel important?  How do I learn to put the less important things on the back burner? Learn to let go of what doesn't matter?   How do I make each of my girls feel like they are number one.

It seems like a daunting task and I'm afraid I am going to fall short on several occasions.    I feel like life with four is going to be a big reality check and a big life change.    And I'm real nervous.

But, I'm also really excited for this next stage.   Wrapping up the baby days of my motherhood and welcoming two new beautiful spirits into our life.   Thinking about raising 4 girls who are all so close in age and who can play together and laugh together and stay up late together. That seems like a happy home to be in.


I mean,  I always wanted my kids to be close.

...and ours are definitely close. 

4 kids in 5 years.  

...two of them on the same day.

Doesn't get much closer than that. 




1 comment:

Ash. said...

Holy balls. Congrats on twins! That’s incredible! I’m glad you started writing again (is that creepy!?).