Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Waiting on Me.

Sometimes I wonder what life would be,
if I wasn't who I am--a different me.
If I had done things in a different way,
Give more in some areas or take things away.
If I stayed in relationships that I wanted to end,
if I were still close to my very best friends.
If I never moved out, or if I never moved back,
if I tried harder in the areas that I now lack.
Would I still be who I am today?
Would I still shine in the same way?
Would I be stronger, wiser, or better than now?
Would I change the way I know how?
Would I be just as great, or would I be even greater?
Would I get things done that I said I'd do later?
Would I worry less and try to do more?
Would I open a window where I closed a door?
Should I regret and think back to the past?
Or should I worry now on the times that will last?
Should I forget where I've been, and know where I'll be?
Should I let old self go and learn to be the new me?

Self-doubt is what I'm feeling, when I know that I'm great,
Just takes time realizing,
....and I'm too impatient to wait.

2 comments:

Amanda Bolton said...

Callie! We really are going through the same thing. Except yours is written way better than mine haha.

Anonymous said...

Such an amazing writer Callie Ann! You are growing in that area for sure!