Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fishing with Dad.

Since my dad passed away 18 years ago, I've had no memory of him.
NONE. I remember nothing about him. Not his eyes, his smell, his voice, his mannerisms. Nothing. All I have is pictures.

...until 2 days ago.

I was studying in my room. It was about 1 in the morning. I was listening to my iPod, learning about the immune system. And suddenly, I remembered fishing.

I started seeing people, and chairs. I remembered a fishing pole I held that was pink. I remember sitting on rocks. I remember it being windy. And I remembered a man and a woman.

Immediately I assumed it was my cousin, Chris and his wife Kayleen. Seemed logical.
But the more that I thought, the less it made sense.

And that's when it hit me.
This memory was my dad. MY dad. MY father.
MY memory.

I remembered.

And my heart got full. And my eyes teared up. And I absorbed it all in.
..because I remembered my father.
and I'll never forget.

8 comments:

Amanda Bolton said...

I am so glad you have that! It is something you will never forget. I am happy for you :)

Anonymous said...

Fishing. :D
Good for you.
I love you.

Brittany said...

K seriously Callie. Cutest post ever! I love it :)

Mom said...

he was just popping in to visit, and let you know he is and always be with you.

Love,
Mom

oops! said...

Callie, that is so cool! I remember playing spoon with your Mom and Dad, crazy fun! I

T said...

This is Cass... I remember that pink pole :) As you get older things will come to you more. Its kinda cool.

Jess and Whitni said...

I'm so glad you have a memory of your Dad =) that is such a neat story Callie!

Crystal Valentine Garner said...

He was always, and always will be, my favorite uncle. He holds a special place in my heart. Thanks again for making me cry! :)
I hope that you get a few more memories of him as you get older, if not, you can have mine.