Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mom's Birthday.

Today is my mom's birthday.

You know how people always think that
their mom is the best mom in the whole world?

Welp, it's actually MY mom who is the
best mom in the entire world.

She does anything for anyone, and never second guesses it.
She gives and gives and gives some more
and she never forgets to wear a smile.

I am the woman I am today because of my mom, because of the example she sets for me, because of her determination, because of her optimism, because she never gave up.

My mom is an incredible woman, a wonderful mother, a loving wife, a sweet grandmother, a best friend, a great sister.

Think of every wonderful adjective in the world and you'd be describing my mom.

And she carried me up our stairs until I was in the 7th grade.

...and she cleans my hair out of the shower drain.
...and she never throws away my bobby pins.
...even when I leave them all over the house.
...and she doesn't get upset when I ask what's for dinner.

...or when I assume she's cooking.
...and she comments nice things on my blog.
...and she lets me use all of the hot water in the entire house.
...and she shares her makeup with me.
...and she comes in on Saturday morning and lays with me on my bed.
...and she tells me I'm pretty when I'm really a wreck.

She's amazing, ya'll.
And I'm super lucky that she's mine.

Love you, Mom.
Happy Birthday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything you said! Pam is one of a kind! Lucky you!
Melanie

Jess and Whitni said...

Ohhh that is such a sweet post Callie, you are lucky to have such a wonderful mom! =)

Anonymous said...

That was so cute Callie! you are also amazing and just like her! I love you so much! I just started reading your Blog..most of them make my cry! :) xooxox Candie

Mom said...

That was the best present any Mom could ever hope for.
Thank You
I love you