Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Celebration.

Im blaming our no blog posts on our new internet.  But, we are alive!  And we are still married. Suprisingly, that silly boy has decided to stick with me. Something about..eternity and beyond. :) He is much too good to me. Just last week I came home from an 8 hour shift to dinner made and a bubble bath a brewing. Yep, my husband makes me bubble baths. Isn't he the greatest? 
I know people say this all the time, but married life really is the best thing. I was always so terrified of being married. I thought it consisted of fighting, jealousy and money issues. Well, I'm happy to report we haven't fought, been jealous or had money issues. I know it's still early in the game, but I would say we communicate pretty dang well. Thank goodness!
This summer has been full of festivities already, and it's only June. We just bought season passes to the local amusement park, plus we have season passes to the local soccer team, hockey team, indoor football team, water slide park and ski slopes. Yeah, we are awesome.
My only complaint about this summer is school. School. School and more School. I don't recommend summer school and I definitely don't recommend summer school when your husband isn't going to school. Oh man, it's hard. All I want to do is swim and play with my husband, not study or learn about being a nurse. Luckily, Caden is super supportive. Just last night he sat on the bed right next to me while I took a 6 hour test on our new laptop. SIX HOURS he sat and just watched TV and rubbed my back, kissing me for encouragement every few questions. That's pretty dang supportive. Never the less, the blasted test took me 7 tries to pass. Super discouraging. After the 5th time of not passing, I start to doubt my abilities as a nurse. It affects my self esteem pretty hard.
Also affecting my self esteem, I'm still looking for an LPN job. I've applied several times for several positions, all report back with a "try again next time" response. I've had meetings with my manager that have led to tears of frustration and led me to believe that maybe, for whatever reason, she doesn't want to hire me. It's hard and it's frustrating. As much as I love my job, I'm ready to work as a nurse. I'm trying to have a better attitude about it and I'm trying to trust in God. He's obviously got better plans for me and I'm learning to turn my plans into his plans.
So, there you have it. That's us in a nut-shell. We've almost reached our month-iversary. I'm almost graduated from the RN program. and I've almost blogged a whole entire post.
That's something to celebrate, friends.
C E L E B R A T E.

No comments: