Saturday, June 30, 2012

Internet. Precepting. Husbands. and Graduation.


Ohhhh, computer. Here I am juts blogging away at home on the couch with good intents of posting this as soon as we have some form of internet connection.   Soon, hopefully.  Real soon.

These past two to three-ish weeks have been madness.  I started precepting, which in nursing world is like an internship.  I am supposed to follow one nurse for 135 hours.   Luckily, I got a nurse who I knew before and he is pretty laid back and relaxed.  So, I pretend to be a nurse and he makes sure I’m doing everything correctly.  It’s comforting having him there, and I wish that I always had a nurse to double check my work.  One wrong move and I could kill a person.  That’s a little scary.   

On top of precepting 39 hours a week, I’m also working 24 hours a week and going to class 8 hours a week.  So, from Sunday to Saturday I’m putting in 80 hours of some sort of something related to nursing.   Plus, each shift begins at 0500, which leads me to wake up at 0330.  So, I have been going to bed at 7:00pm.   The worst part of going to bed early is that I miss my cute husband.  He has been working nights, so he rolls in around 9pm and comes to snuggle me in bed for a minute.  We talk about our day briefly with sleepy eyes and then he tucks me in before he goes to watch a movie on the couch.  

That makes for one sad Callie.   The first week or two I would go to bed crying because all I wanted to do was spend time with Caden but all I really could do was sleep.  Nursing school has officially taken over my life and it makes me cry.    Thankfully Caden is SUPER supportive and he reminds me that, in 135 hours, this will all be over and I’ll be a real nurse working only 3 days a week with no homework.   Who knows where I would be without Caden.  He keeps my little engine trucking along.  Toot-Toot.   …That’s an engine noise.

For those of you who blog-stalk me, you’ll remember that we were originally going to be married in August.  Thank my heavenly stars that we decided to move the day up.  Had we waited until August, I truly never would see Caden.  The only time I see him now is when we go to bed and sleepovers didn’t happen when we were just dating.  Good thing we got married in May, folks.  Prayers were answered with that decision.

Speaking of getting married, married life is incredible.  Cade is such a good, good, good husband.  He takes very good care of me, especially during this precepting business.  He cooks dinner, cleans the house, folds our laundry, waters our little garden, and always makes sure that I’m happy.  What a gem.  I can’t wait for the day that I can be a wife, instead of a nursing student.  I look forward to dates, romantic nights, snuggles, traveling, making babies, and being able to stay up late just being silly.    It’s so close I can taste it.  Eeeeek.  So close.   

So, there you have it.  That’s our life.   I plan for some good blogs in a few weeks, when I’m a little more sane.  31 days, 4 hours, 38 minutes until graduation.  And counting.

…now 37 minutes.


No comments: