Monday, June 10, 2013

Creating a Plan

Miss Hazel will be here is less than 1 month.   

Holy smokes. 

It still hasn't sunk in that we are having a baby, or that this movement inside me is going to come out.   It's very bizzare but extremely exciting. 

I think often about laboring and what to expect or how it will go.  I think about who I want to be in the room and who I hope comes to visit after.   It's such a special and very exciting time, how do you choose who to include or not include? And how do you do so without hurting feelings? 

I think about all the advice I'll be getting, from anyone who is anyone.   And how much advice I've already gotten: give her a binky, don't give her a binky, wake her every 4 hours, never wake a sleeping baby, breast-feed, supplement, pump, offer the breast, stay home as long as possible, return to work at 6 weeks, work days, work nights, etc. etc. 

It's all contradicting information and it's all so very overwhelming.  Of course I want to be the best Mom I can, and so I read a lot of websites and ask for advice frequently but it's difficult weeding out the bull crap and choosing a plan that works best for us. 

I'm told that Hazel and us will figure it out together, and Caden and I will come up with a plan that works for our family.   
...I just pray that plan develops quickly.  

4 more weeks and counting.
Xo

1 comment:

Ash. said...

don't you get tired of all the advice? It's kind of overwhelming! everyone has their story, what works best for them, what they think you should do. It's crazy! I don't know you very well but I think you're going to be a great momma and you're going to know exactly what's best for your baby!(: I'm excited to see what she looks like!