Tuesday, June 4, 2013

35 more days.

This week has been an emotional week for me.  I've come to realize that Miss Hazel is making her big debut in just 5 weeks and, of course I'm excited, but also I'm sad for pregnancy to end. 

I have loved everything about being pregnant.  I love rubbing my tummy, I love feeling her kick, I love watching her grow, I love that she depends only on me for her needs, I love that she is safe inside with nothing to harm or corrupt her, I love that she is always with me in a that I do.   I'm not sure I'm ready for this stage to be over and I want more time with her, just me and Haze.   

It's such a bizzare feeling knowing Caden and I will be parents, and what a change that will be to our routine.  I have been reading parenting books and trying to get advice from anyone and everyone, but how do you truly prepare for this type of event? It's such a big, big change and I pray that we are ready. 

Picturing Caden with Hazel makes me cry every. single. time.   Nothing makes me happier than knowing Caden is the daddy of this baby.  He is the man of her world and will be her first love, her first main squeeze.  He is the one to teach her about respect, and dating, and how to longboard.   He has already been watching YouTube videos to learn how to braid her hair and he's researched how to put together an outfit: shirt, skirt, leggings.   He holds my belly while we drive, while we sleep, and while we watch TV and every time she kicks, he is the proudest most happiest pappa.  He is already such an incredible father and I'm so grateful that we are in this together.  

As much as I love being pregnant, I pray that each step of parenting is just as fun. I'm told that each step gets more fun and I can't imagine having MORE love for Hazel than I already do.   

5 more weeks, a few more pounds, and hours of labor until this little gem is here. Until then, I'll enjoy my 24-7 time with Miss Hazel May.  

No comments: