Friday, June 12, 2015

Nursing to Motherhood.

Recently I decided to go part-time as a nurse and full-time as a Mommy.   

Best decision I have ever made.

We may not be able to afford things we use to: like TV, and eating out, and groceries.   (Kidding, about groceries.)  But, it's been 100% with it.  

I can't explain the amount of happiness being home with my babies gives me.  I remember thinking that I could never be a stay-at-home Mom.  At the time, working was so important to me.  I had a serious drive to be successful in the work place and I worked hard to get good grades, graduate with honors,  hold a good job and take great care of my patients.  At the time, that felt like the most important thing and I couldn't imagine throwing that away to be a mom at home.

And then I had a baby.  

And THAT became my number one priority over anything else.  Nothing could be more important than teaching my daughter her ABCs, watching her take her first steps, playing barbies and taking her on walks.   

Motherhood is amazing.  It does something indescribable to a person and I pray that every woman in the planet gets the opportunity to experience it.  It's so rewarding, so beautiful, so thrilling.

So, although I love nursing, being a mommy at home is the goal. 

...and it's my favorite job I've ever had. 


1 comment:

Ash. said...

Callie, I am so glad you were able to come to a decision that you are happy with! I am so not the stay at home mother type but it is so amazing to see your kiddos grow and develop. Do you know what your bun in the oven is!?