Thursday, September 17, 2015

Oakley. Sisters. Motherhood.

Yesterday I scheduled my induction day for miss Oakley Rae.   

Holy crap. 

This whole pregnancy has been a blur. When I was pregnant with Hazel, it's all I could think about.  I knew exactly how many weeks pregnant I was, and how many days until her arrival.  I took weekly pictures and read the app everyday to see what she was growing that week. With Oakley, it hasn't been that way.

[And it kind of makes me feel bad.  Like I'm already neglecting Oakley.   Apparently it's normal, other moms tell me.   But, it still makes me feel a bit sad.]

But, now that I'm 34 weeks along, and in scheduling inductions and pre-registering for the hospital...things are getting real. 

I was talking to my mom about plans for Hazel while I was in the hospital.  She said she would take Hazel overnight and then "bring her up the next day to meet her sister."  

That sentence sent me in tears. 

Sisters.   I get to raise sisters.   Two little girls under my roof.   Nothing makes me happier than raising babies, and having two girls is a dream. I think every girl needs a sister and I'm so glad Oakley and Hazel have one.  I pray to have many more girls.  Or boys.   But definitely more babies. 

Morherhood is amazing. No one could have prepared me for how rewarding and proud this calling would make me feel. I knew I wanted kids, I knew I wanted to be a mom, but I NEVER knew how amazing it would make me feel. 

And I can't believe I get to do this agai in just 6 weeks. (And hopefully two more times after that.)

Bring on the babies! 
Octa-mom in the making.   😄

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Hi Callie a few years ago I stumbled across your blog and have since checked back in every now and then.( not a stalker I swear) any way I have recently been looking into the church and I thought of your inspiring story. I am not sure is this is too personal but maybe you would be willing to answer a few questions. You could email me at toto3289@msn.com

You are a wonderful example and inspiration.