Friday, June 3, 2016

Pride 2016.


Pride weekend always makes me reflect and ponder.

Such a touchy and emotional subject for me--the converse between the LGBT community and the LDS community.   

And my heart lies smack dab in the middle. My sister is gay, and I am an active member of the LDS faith.   

But, each year that I ponder this topic, each year I am a little bit more proud of the huge leaps of acceptance that I see from both sides of the spectrum.

I recently joined a Facebook group called Mormons Building Bridges and I am so happy to see the amazing hearts of LDS members who love the LGBT community.   And members of the LGBT community who still believe and practice the LDS faith.  

It's so beautiful, so inspiring, so amazing.

THIS is what heaven is like, in my world.  People accepting others, people loving others and people being kind to others.  

This last Spring I blessed my daughter in church, and my sister showed up with her girlfriend.   It made my heart melt and so grateful to have her there to support us, despite her different beliefs.  I had Ward members come up to me after to tell me how amazing my family is for accepting one another, and it makes me so grateful. 

Love is love and being kind to one another is the most important rule that Heavenly Father wants us to learn.   And I am so grateful and happy to see us all getting a little bit closer and a little bit more accepting of everyone. 

❤️


No comments: