Thursday, March 10, 2016

Oakley Blessing: Feeling So Loved.

Last Sunday we blessed Oakley Rae.  It was a very emotional day for me.




For the first time, in my entire life, my whole family was in the chapel together.   It was an overwhelming feeling of love, acceptance, and support. 

 My mom isn't active, my oldest sister isn't either, and my middle sister had her records removed from the church.   But, on Sunday, they put their beliefs aside and came to church to support my daughter and that meant so much to me.

 So so much.  

 As soon as I walked into the chapel, I turned to my left and saw all of my family sitting in the pews and I immediately started bawling.  To my right were my in-laws, who have been so supportive of my past and helped my testimony grow in ways I never thought possible.   And right beside me were my two best friends, my Caden and my Janelle.  These two have been my rocks through this entire transition. 

I have never felt more love or more support from all those I love.   

Family means so much to me, and I am so grateful for a family who is so diverse and yet so incredibly supportive of one another.   

I pray my girls can learn to be just as accepting of others and can learn to love those with different beliefs or lifestyles.  

Because, honestly, the world is about loving one another and learning to be kind.   

And Sunday, I felt the most love I have ever felt from all those who mean the most to me.

No comments: