Monday, March 6, 2017

Tired Momma.

Caden has been going to school our entire relationship.   All 6 years of it.

And he's been working graves for as long as we've had kids.   All (almost) 4 years.  

The end of that is SO close.   And yet, still seems so far away.   

I'm ready for him to be home.  With me.  With the girls.   Without homework.  And without having to nap or sleep when we are awake. 

Right now, he sleeps in his car Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.   He only sleeps a few hours at a time before he has to wake up again to go to school or work.   Graveyards at night, school in the morning, and back to graveyards at night.   He leaves Wednesday morning and I don't see him again until Saturday afternoon.

It's horrible.   

It's hard on him.   
Hard on me.
Hard on the girls.

And I can't WAIT for it to be over.  

I can't wait to have dinners together, wake up together, go to bed together.   I can't wait to have Dad home to help with morning routines, or tuck ins at bedtime.   Or time to play without any other obligations.  

Weekends are the very best.   

The VERY best.   

Caden is home and he's so very helpful.   The girls love having him around.   He plays, he's silly, he rough houses with the girls.  He helps clean the house, he cooks dinner, he helps with bath time, nap time, bed time.   He takes me on dates, he hugs me, cuddles me, holds me.   

It's THE best.  

And soon enough, that will be EVERY day.   

And I CANNOT wait.  

...until then, we continue with this bogus routine we have.   And we make it work.  

Impatiently waiting.  

No comments: