Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sometimes I Write Songs.

My friend, Carl, writes music.
He needed some help and it turned into a fun game.

He told me to use "desert at night" in a poem.
Alone and quiet, serenity and peace,
The stars above and the way that they tease.
Nothing around, just a fire and me,
Nothing to do but wonder and see.
The sand in my toes and the wind in my hair,
Nothing on my mind, not a worry or care.
The desert at night, so quiet and alone,
Serenity and peace, the place I call home.

Then he gave me "hole in my pocket" to use.
I work hard for my money, slaving all day.
Try not to spend it, and I put it away.
Keep it in my pocket where it will be okay,
Try to save it up for a rainy day.
Yesterday was the day I needed it real bad,
Reached in my pocket and couldn't believe what I had.
A bunch of lint and dirt was laying in my hand,
The hole in my pocket left my money in the sand.

Cheesy, yet delicious.
Dr. Suess, here I come.

2 comments:

Writer J said...

Not cheesy, but very beautiful <3

Anonymous said...

You are hil-ar-ious.
Love you.