Saturday, January 12, 2013

Graveyard Ramble.

It's 1am and I'm working.
...kinda.
 
I'm getting paid to read my Nook and blog while my patients sleep restfully in their beds.   I definitely wish I was sleeping restfully in my bed.  Wonder how mad they would be if I snuggled up at the foot of their bed.   Crossing the line of "healing touch"?   Probably.
 
Last night I worked during the snow storm.  [For those of you who don't live in Utah, yesterday was a pretty hefty snow storm.] I have no idea how much snow we got, but if I were to guess, I would say about a foot in 12 hours.   Not an exaggeration.    As I was driving to work, I got stuck on a hill with 8 other cars trying to make it up the hill with me.  No one was going anywhere.  Trucks and cars with 4 wheel drive were weaving in-between those of us who had little tiny cars.   I called work and told them I was stuck.  They told me to get here when I could, so I rolled in two hours later thanks to the help of my friend.   Phew.     What a mess.
 
After working all night, I decided it would be best if I went to my Mom's house and slept there instead of try to make it all the way home and then all the way back again tonight for another shift.  So, I slept in my Mom's bed while she took care of her daycare upstairs.    Her bed is the most wonderful and glorious bed I have ever slept on.   We have the same mattress, but for some reason, her bed feels like I'm sleeping on clouds covered in glitter.   It's magnificent.    However, I slept only 7 hours instead of my usual 10 hours.  So, I'm a sleepy bear this evening.   
 
Working a grave when I'm sleepy is my least favorite thing.   I tuck my patients into bed, get them comfortable, secretly wish I was in the bed instead, and then I check on them every hour and watch them sleep peacefully in bed while I stay awake all hours of the night.   Now, don't get me wrong, it's the best job in all the land.   However, not my favorite when I'm sleepy and pregnant and miss my husband.   Not my favorite.
 
So, I blog to pass the time.    And, if you want to text me to keep me awake, please do so.  

Greatly appreciated,
 
Sleepy, tired, preggy Callie.

No comments: