Tuesday, June 2, 2009

School. Again.

Guess what I'm going to post about. School.
...because it's ALL that I think about.
Today, as I am walking into my house, I think to myself "Hey, the front door handle looks a LOT like the clavicle." THAT is how you KNOW you are a loser.
-------------------------
I got this little number in the mail today.
...Oh, can't see it? How about a closer look.

Yep, that's a letter from WSU.
..congratulating me on my HIGH HONORS.

BoWwww-ChiCKa-WoW-WOW.

I have this annoying characteristic about myself, where I focus too much on the areas I need to improve and forget about all the really great things I'm doing and how far I have come.

For example, I got a B on my first Anatomy test. Big deal, right? No. Wrong. Instead, I was pissed that it wasn't an A.

I am constantly comparing myself to others that are better and others that are further along.

I'm a freshman, comparing myself to seniors.
I'm a tadpole, comparing myself to sharks.

So when I got this letter, I had a little bit of a break down. I showed my parents, I took pictures and I absorbed the effect it had on me. I was truly proud of myself and the accomplishments I've made.

I took a deep breathe and I said outloud,
"Callie, you're doing this."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so awesome callie!! you will be done with school in no time and be a bossy little rn running around the hospital! :)

Cassie said...

Great Job Cal! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Callie. You are wonderful and smart. You should be VERY proud because I am VERY VERY proud of you and so is your family.

Writer J said...

Congratulations Callie :D You deserve it!!

Julie C.