Thursday, January 5, 2012

I'm Safe.

Two things, kind of related.  
Tonight I'm super grateful for those who fight to protect me.


  • Officers who continually patrol the streets and continually put their lives in danger to protect me and to protect my family.  The shooting that happened in my home town was scary.  I happened to be working that night and the calls into the ER were traumatic.  It is an insanely dangerous job and every time they call for duty, their lives are in danger.  I'm grateful for them.  For the several who were in the accident Wednesday night.  For the several who weren't.  And for my big sister, who is a cop herself.

    Thank you
    for keeping me safe.
  • And tonight I'm grateful for the Lord.  He always knows where I need to be and when I need to be there.  When I least expect it and when I'm unsure of what to do, he hands me the answer in a neatly wrapped package and says, "Here you go, Cal."  And all I have to do is listen.   He makes it easy for me, all I have to do is listen.   Listening isn't always simple and it isn't always what I want to do at the time, but it's easy.  And he's continually protecting me and guiding me.  Continually lighting my path and continually showing me that way.  
Thank you for keeping me safe.

No comments: