Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Baby Hall

Written 10/30/2013---

These past few days I've felt like an emotional wreck.  I thought it was just a serious case of PMS.   ...which I don't usually get.  

I found myself annoyed at the smallest things: Why did people in the grocery store had to stop in front of the food items I wanted to buy?  Why did my upstairs neighbor insist on turning on the air conditioner in the middle of fall?  Why did the cords on my TV have to ALWAYS be tangled the wrong way?  Why was my text tone SO loud and SO annoying?  Why did my nail polish chip the day after I painted my nails?

Why? Why? Why?!

I put up with it for a day.  Then another.  Then another.  Then another.
After four days of feeling this way, I finally mentioned it to Caden.   He agreed that I had been on edge and thought I was just ready to start my period.  So, I started counting back a few weeks.  1...2...3...4.

Yep, I was late..but, that's not unusual for me.  Sometimes my period will be regular for months on end, sometimes it won't come for 6 or 7 months.   So, I argued with myself until last night.  I was home alone while Caden worked and I decided to take a trip to the store for a pregnancy test.  I had no make up on.  No sort of hairstyle whatsoever.  And no bra.   I threw on a hoodie and headed down the street for an First Choice test.

After a quick pee, I noticed two solid lines.

Pregnant.

That can't be right.  I stared at it again.  Then, I ran out to the living room and sat on the couch.  Pregnant? Can that be true?   Caden and I had gone off birth control just three months prior, but I never thought my body would respond so quickly.   I paced around my living room and then back to the bathroom.  Yep.  Two pink lines.  Pregnant.     I read the box for instructions.  Did I do it right?  Am I reading something wrong?   Nope.   I'm pregnant!   Oh my gosh.  Oh my gosh.   Back to the couch.  Grab my phone.   I can't text Caden this information, but he won't be home for another half hour.   Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh.   Back to the bathroom.   Stare at the stick another time and get the happiest tears rolling down my face. 

I'm really pregnant.   :)

The next half hour was the longest half hour of my life thus far.   I tried to watch TV to pass the time, but all I could think about was telling Caden this news.   FINALLY, he walked in the door.  I asked him about his day as I usually do.  We smooched.  We hugged.  He told me all about his day at work and what he learned at school.  Then, I told him I had a surprise and  he had to close his eyes.

I handed him the stick and told him to open.

His jaw dropped open and he looked at me.  "Really?! Is it true?!" He asked.   Yep.  It's true.   We are doing this.   He screamed and he yelled and he hugged me and we kissed.  And excitement filled his face.  More screaming. More kissing.  More tears for me.  

Of course, I didn't sleep all night long.   How can you sleep with information as exciting as this?   So, I spent the whole night lying in bed planning how to tell our families.  When morning came, I got ready thinking how careful I had to be not to upset the little baby inside me.   As I kissed Caden goodbye he told me "Be careful, love.  You have our baby inside you."   

I can't believe this.
We are pregnant.
We are having a baby.
and my babies dad is Caden.

Too exciting.  
Eeeek!

No comments: