Monday, October 8, 2012

Marriage Life is So Good.

Once you're married, people like to ask often how married life is.    I usually respond and tell them that it is so good, and I remember when people used to tell me that as a response.  I would always think it was so generic and that's just what they had to say. 

But truthfully, married life really is so good.

When I was a single girl, I stressed often about marriage.  I always thought it would be so difficult to join lives with another person and to share anything and everything about myself.  I enjoyed being single and I enjoyed having the freedom to do as I pleased and not worry about consulting with another person.  

Plus, I grew up in a home with divorced parents so marriage was a scary word and divorce was an even more scary word.  So, as a single girl, I was okay staying single. 

That is, until I met Caden.

As we started dating, my whole world changed.
...in a good way.

All the sudden I wanted nothing more than to be a pair.  I wanted him to be mine and I wanted me to be his.  I no longer wanted to be single and I wanted to share anything and everything I could with Caden.

When I was dating in my younger years, people always told me "When you know, you know."   And I remember thinking, "How in the world am I going to know?!" 

And then I knew.
Out of no where.

It hit me like a ton of bricks and I knew that Caden was my lobster and that I wanted nothing more to be married to him for the rest of my forever.

Our wedding day was the most magical, most perfect, most fairy-tale day.   I wasn't nervous.  I wasn't scared. I didn't get cold feet.  I was just excited and absolutely 100% positive that this is what I wanted to do, what I needed to do, what I was destined to do.  

Since then, every day has felt that way.  I couldn't have planned a more perfect husband.  I love everything about being married.  I love the way he wakes me up in the morning and the way he tucks me in at night.  I love the way he makes the bed in the mornings, even if the pillows aren't just right.  I love how he lets me have the fire place on, even if he is melting.  I love the way he does the dishes and scrubs with all his muscle.  I love when he brings me home chocolate milk, because he knows it's my favorite.  I love when he makes out the grocery list and calls our dish scrubber a "scrubby thing".  I love his dance moves in his underwear, his loud singing voice, his silly jokes that make only me laugh, the way he folds our laundry and never dares put it aways for fear that he might "mess it up".   

He truly is the best husband.

So believe it when I say, marriage life truly is so good.
So so good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I just be honest when I say this post really irked me? Especially when I read the one right after where you pretty much beg people to share difficult parts of their life.

See, the problem I have with it, with you is that you are sitting here pretending everything is butterflies and unicorns, and that's not life. That's not how life or marriage or anything is. While I do respect someone who doesn't air every fight with their SO publicly I also don't dig when someone pretends their life is perfect either.

Because everyone knows it's not it can be great and lovely but is it always? No, and guess what, that's fine.

This is why your whole "My marriage/life/everything is unicorns and butterflies but world, share with me YOUR hardships" bugs me, a lot.

And I really don't care if this isnt the nicest comment ever and if you your freinds/fam/ect feel offended because it's not about being sweet and agreeable. It's about being honest and REAL.

Callie Ann said...

Andrea,

I absolutely agree with you. Nothing is more frustrating to me than when someone pretends their life is perfect.

However, I wasn't trying to portray that at all. I've blogged before about my hardships, my struggles, my personal life. I, obvoiusly, am in no way perfect.

In regards to this post---my marriage really is this great. This wasn't trying to butter it up or make anything sounds like "butterflies and unicorns". It may because we are still in the "newlywed stage", but Caden really does make me this happy and I wasn't trying to hide anything or cover up any faults.

I have my faults. I have my heartbreaks, my mistakes, my problems, my moments. And usually I blog about them. Nothing to hide, nothing to cover up.

This is me. True and honest.