Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Parenthood.

Since I'm currently inbetween jobs, I have had the past thousand days off.
...or so it feels that way.

I finished my last day as a CNA on Saturday, October 12th.  I don't start again as a nurse until Thursday, October 18th.  That's six entire days I have been home doing nothing.

Which has been kind of nice.

I've cleaned our apartment, made some dinners, organized, cleaned some more and watched a lot lot lot of Parenthood.
 
Ahhh, Parenthood.
 
This show makes me absolutely terrified to have children.  Yet, totally excited at the same time.   It's proof that no matter how ready or not ready you are, children come when children are dang well ready to come.  
 
So, how do you know when you are ready to have a little babe?  Is it when you are done with school? When you've saved up enough money? When you have a big enough house? When you reach a certain age? When you have traveled and seen the world? When you have been married at least 5 years?   
 
Nope.   Children come when children are ready to come.

I just picture our little tykes up in heaven, looking down on us, waiting for the perfect most opportune moment to blast down and surprise us with the biggest shock and most exciting present of our lives.

Until that day, here is to more hours spent curled up in the couch underneath my electric blanket.  Waiting for Cadet to come home from school or work and waiting for him to snuggle me to my hearts desire.  

Cheers to that.

No comments: