Thursday, September 17, 2009

Open, Honest, True.

I'm not super open. I hide my feelings, I hide my past, and I don't let people see me hurt. I don't like to share, I don't like people to feel sorry for me, I don't like to make excuses and I don't like people to see me weak.

I make an excellent listener, and I've heard many sad, sad, sad stories. I've let people vent, I've tried to give advice. But when it's my turn, I close up. I don't like to share. I don't let people into my heart easy. Not even at all, sometimes.

So, when people find out about my story and they try to confront me or relate, I get annoyed. It bothers me. When people tell me that I'm strong for everything I've had to go through, it doesn't comfort me. I just want to avoid the conversation, I want to tell them that they surely don't know what I've been through, what I'm going through, or how I feel.

I want to tell them that I'm really not strong, and I break down, and I have bad days. I want to tell them that it's not their business, and that I'm not ready to share my life with them.

...but instead, I say nothing. Because, I'm not super open.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this.