Monday, November 29, 2010

Growing Down, not Up.

Went to visit my cute friend Kalee (Hey, Kalee) in her new apartment.
It's super cute and homey and she lives there all alone.
She gets to do what she wants, say what she wants.
Dress how she wants, listen to what she wants.
No one is there to tell her not to.   
Just her and that's it.
TEMPTING.

I left there feeling oober jealous and wanting my own place real bad.  How cool to tell people "Wanna' come over?  Yeah, I have an extra room you can stay in."  Or whatever big kids say.   It would be so exciting.

But then tonight, after working a crazy day and getting off late, I walked into a warm house with the porch light on.  I walked into my Mom's bedroom and I kissed her goodnight.  I opened a fridge full of food and I took whatever I wanted out of there, for free.  I got on the internet to blog about this epiphany. FREE internet.  And later, I'm going to take a really long and super hot shower that my parents pay for.   Then, I'll crawl into bed next to my puppy, who isn't even mine but my mom shares.  

Life at home is pretty damn good.
I don't think I ever want to leave.
EVER.

4 comments:

kaLee said...

ha ha ha callie ann you are so DAMN CUTE!

Anonymous said...

I haven't lived at home since I was 17, I forgot how easy it was. LOL.

pam said...

Yes, you are lucky to live at home, lucky that we are so close and get along so good. You don't have to grocery shop, cook or clean which leaves you more time for studying which is #1 in your life right now and thats the way it should be.
After you have your nursing degree you be able to move out get a darling place of your own, decorate it any way you want and the best thing is ....you will be able to afford it all on your own!!!
Love
Mom

Candie said...

After just reading that I think that I want to move back home too!! Ha..Ha..well, I live down the road and can come over and pretend that I still live there. Yes, you are very lucky! It is not as fun as it looks living on your own. Finish school so you make good money and can travel the world and afford all that you need and want! Love you