Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rut-a-tut-tut.

Oh, hey.
I feel like it's been a minute since I've blogged.

You know, like a good blog.

I've sort of lost my mojo and been in a robot-like state.

Work. School. Study. Sleep.
Work. School. Study. Sleep.
Snowboard.
Work. School. Study. Sleep.

That's it.
That's my life.
Don't be jealous.

Things have just been kind of blah, lately.
I haven't had much to talk about.
Which, ironically, gave me something to write about.

I feel like I'm in a rut.
Maybe it's just today.
Maybe I'm just in a weird mood.
But I kind of feel like it has a little something
to do with how I'm spending my time.

School has been half-ass.
I love my chemistry class. I've been doing well and I understand the concepts. I've made some friends and I love my professor.

Nutrition, however, isn't going so hot. My professor drives me nutty. I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but he talks like a game show host and I can't even handle it. So, the lack of professor=lack of interest=lack of attendance. I've missed three days already, just because I don't like it. That's not like me, in any way.

So, then I get hard on myself and I scold myself and then I get down on myself. It's a vicious cycle, really.

Also, my weekends have been spent with my work friends.
My work friends are all great people and I love that I'm friends with them all. However, none of them are going to school. Not that that's a bad thing. They just don't inspire me or push me to better myself. They are happy with me just the way that I am, and I love that about them but I hate it, at the same time.

I need constant improvement. I always have. So I thrive on being with people who are smarter than me, more successful than me, more positive than me, more...better...than me.

So, it's this rut that I'm in.
And I'm slowly digging myself out.

The solution is simple, really.
Study hard.
Go to class.
And hang out with great people.

Not a hard fix, right?
And I'm on the road to recovery.

Toodles, rut. Hope to not see you again.

2 comments:

Chanse and Janell said...

Hang in there lady, I know it's hard. I do the same thing to myself!!!

Callie Ann said...

Thanks, Janell.
:)