Monday, March 22, 2010

Shame on Me.

You put up a wall that's too hard to climb,
I'd try for a ladder but don't have the time.
Time is essential, and I have to work fast,
The progress I'm making, I fear, won't last.
Each piece that falls from the wall that you built,
is put back in place by fear and guilt.
You fear your family, your friends, your church,
instead of opening your mind and allowing your heart to search.
You shut down your emotion and I can't get in,
You make it impossible for either of us to win.
I want to continue to climb and I want to try,
But I learn from my past, it's easier to lie.
So I hide my feelings and tell you it's okay,
I wish you the best and I send you on your way.
Rebuild your wall and I'll let you be,
For fool me twice, and it's shame on me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're awesome.
That's B-E-A-utiful.

Anonymous said...

Something happen with Josh?

Anonymous said...

Btw I love you poems :)

T said...

LOVE THIS...I love how insightful you are : ) I really look up to you and your ability to be honest with yourself.