Monday, June 28, 2010

For Callie.

Most days I love being with my friends.
I love being out and I love getting dressed up.

But, from time to time, I just like to be me.
I like to be alone.  I like to write, I like to clean, I like to lounge.

I like to take 1.5 hour long showers and sit in my pajamas all day with my hair in a ridiculous looking du-rag/bandana and not have anyone judge me for it.

I like to cry.  I like to sit.  I like to think.  I like to stare.
I like to not smile if I don't want to.  Not pretend to be interested in other people's stories.  Not worry about what other people are thinking, or wanting, or needing.  Not worry about anything but Callie, and what she would like to do, say, be.  

Today is a Callie day.
...and tomorrow will probably be one, as well.

And, I'm more than okay with that.

No comments: