Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sexy.

Someone told me today that
I was "sexy" and I had to laugh out loud.

Sexy is not a word I'd use to describe myself.
Definitely not.

I've always thought of myself as a tomboy, still.
After all these years.   

I know now that I'm prissy, with makeup and hair done and jewelry on.  But, inside I'm still just a tomboy with buck teeth and a 1/2 grown out perm.  

Definitely not sexy.

So, flattering as that compliment is, I don't believe you.
But thanks for the confidence boost.

1 comment:

Guydelines said...

Sexy isn't- "Struts down runway in high heels." Sexy is- "I want to take that woman upstairs." So, when a man tells you that you're sexy, it means that he wants to join bodies with you. Not that you should be on the cover of a magazine with your chest plate showing how skinny you are.

Stop letting your female (personal) definition of sexy take away from the compliment. Men like women. We don't weigh them. We don't critique their wardrobe. We just get an urge to touch them.