Sunday, March 27, 2011

Festival of Colors.

The Festival of Colors.

Have you heard of this? 
You go to this Indian temple and they give you a bunch of chalk.
They count down from 10, and then you throw it at each other.

Sounds ridiculous, but ridiculously fun.

The tradition is: throwing of the chalk is symbolic to letting go of your worries and cares.   The colors represent bringing on the new season of Spring.   
And, I'll be the first to tell you, chalk in the face has definitely made me feel liberated and free.



P.S.  That pink and purple guy pictured with me above,
that's Mashed Potato boy.   

4 comments:

KendraHope said...

Callie, I know mash potatoe boy.. Is his name Kaden? I believe he went to school with me!

Callie Ann said...

Yes, it surely is Caden. Do you have any dirt for me? :)

Anonymous said...

This looks SO fun!

Estelle said...

So jealous. Gotta make it to Utah for this next year.
And Caden looks sweet. And I noticed ya'll went 'Facebook official'. :)