Monday, June 13, 2011

Impact Poem.

Background Story:  I read this poem at my impact graduation on Saturday.
Thought I better post it here so I had somewhere to save it.  

I came to impact with a heart full of mad,
exhausted from carrying the baggage I had.
Tired of telling myself it was all okay,
and afraid to share for fear of what I might say.
Not knowing what to expect or where to begin,
Not sure I was willing to let anyone in.
Not willing to open and allowing me to let go,
Not wanting to let all of that anger show.
I had hidden my past in the cupboard so high,
that I thought it was gone and removed from my eye.
but as you all began to share so open and free,
I saw a light inside brighter than me.
I felt safe and secure, I felt ready and time,
I'm going to open my cupboard and see what I find.
I unlocked the door and my heart spilled out,
I didn't worry about scared, shame or doubt.
You all listened to my story as I listened to me,
and I allowed myself not to hide behind a wall that you see.
So I stand here today so clean and so pure,
so confident in myself, so proud and assured.
Excited about life and where it may lead,
for the wolf of love is the only wolf that I feed.

2 comments:

Frazzled-Razzle-RN said...

I like that poem Callie.

Caden said...

I can't believe how good of a writer you are:) everything I read from you always just blows me away you're so heart felt and talented.