Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Crash. Bang. Boom.

Today I was driving home from school thinking "What should I blog about today?"
...because I think about these things when I drive.

and then all the sudden, BAM.
Semi tipped over on the side of the road.

I didn't witness it, but I'm pretty sure I was close to when the accident happened.
Cops and ambulance and firetrucks were all arriving on scene.

HUGE semi on its side.
Wicked scary.

And then I thought, as a nurse I am obligated to stop at the scene of an accident and help.  How intimidating is that?  What if their face is blown off or they are suffering from compartment syndrome or missing a limb? Am I going to know what to do?  What if I don't?  What if I all the sudden panic under the circumstances?

Ohhh dear.  

If all else false, at least I can direct traffic 
around the accident until the EMT shows up.  Right?  Right.

No comments: