Thursday, November 10, 2011

Missing Pieces.

You know when you're putting together a puzzle, and you just can't make it work?  And sometimes you find a piece that "fits" and you force it in and you smush it down real hard and you think "This is definitely the right piece" but in reality you KNOW that it's definitely not.  And you keep adding pieces and taking pieces away, and turning pieces, and forcing pieces,  but you just can't finish the dang puzzle?

And then, all the sudden, you find your missing peice.  And the puzzle, all the sudden, makes complete sense.  You realize that, of course, that forced piece didn't belong there.  And "Obviously all the pieces fit together just like this.  Why didn't I think of this before? It's so obvious."  And you put together the puzzle in minutes.  Maybe even seconds.  Like this is the easiest puzzle you've ever done.



Caden is my missing puzzle piece.  He's what has been gone my whole life and why things just didn't belong where I was putting them.  I was forcing pieces of my puzzle in the wrong places.  I was turning the pieces and arranging the pieces and trying to make my puzzle work without a very important piece.  And now that I have him, my puzzle is the easiest puzzle I've ever done.  The pieces are just falling into place exactly how they should be.  One right after another, just like they are supposed to.

And I can't help but think to myself, "Obviously all the pieces fit together just like this.  Why didn't think of this before?  It's so obvious."

No comments: