Sunday, November 13, 2011

New York City: The Proposal.

Caden flew me to New York City on a complete and random trip.   On Tuesday he asked me to get work off for the weekend.  I can never get work off for the weekend, but I told him I would try.   That night, three people said they would work for me.  This is completely unheard of, but I went with it.

Friday night me, Caden and the Hall family flew to New York City to spend the day there.  Who goes to New York City for one day?  We do.   That's who.


We arrived in New York City at 0600 and I have never been more excited/scared in my life.  People were everywhere.  And everyone was rushing.  I felt like the day after Thanksgiving sale, where everyone ran and ran and ran and no one stopped to smell the roses. 
We stopped at the 9/11 memorial building and I couldn't do anything but cry.  It's unreal to me how many lives were affected in one single day.  I can't even comprehend the tragedy and sorrow these people felt and continue to feel.   
Ground Zero was the most surreal place I've been.  It had a calm and peaceful feeling being there.  American flags were all over the place and I have never felt more proud or more united as an American.  I'm grateful that I live in the country and I'm thankful for all those who fight to keep me safe.

Tower One - Infinity fountain that continues to run and run.

We walked the streets of New York and I couldn't stop taking pictures.
Pictures of the buildings, taxis, people.
Pictures of all the booths and garbage and how smushed everything is together.

We made our way to Central Park.  ...which took some serious walking.
When we finally got there, we were all pooped.



We sat for a minute, then everyone rushed to get to this famous castle.
Why we were rushing, I had no idea.
I just went with it.
Hurry. Hurry. Hurry.
That was the theme of New York.
Maybe the Hall family was just playing along.

We made it to the castle, which was gorgeous.
Just like out of a fairytale.

Caden asked if we could make it to the top, so to the top we went.

We stopped for pictures.

...and then...


Caden asked me to be his wife.
And I said yes.
:)  :)  :)

Engaged on top of a castle in New York City.
How more perfect can that be?

Happiest moment of my entire life.
Hands down.

After the engagement I couldn't do anything except smile.
I called everyone I knew and updated my facebook status.

We took the train back to Time Square,
where I felt like shouting my good news to everyone around.



12 hours after arriving in New York, we headed home.
The most eventful 12 hours of my life.

Ground Zero. Central Park. Engagement. and Time Square.
Two plane rides.
Lots of walking.
3 subway rides.
and a new fancy ring.

I love New York.
and I love my fiance, Caden Hall.

Caden proposed with a string ring, because months ago I told him "I don't care what ring you get me.  I'll love it no matter what.  Get me a string, if you want."    So, a string he did.   :)

After the proposal we spent an hour looking in all of the ring shops to pick out a ring that I loved.   Unfortunately, I couldn't find a ring I loved more than the ring we picked out back home in Utah.  

So, Monday morning we will go pick up the second most important ring ever.

The first ring being my string ring,
that I never want to take off my finger.






8 comments:

Unknown said...

EEEEPPPP!!!! Thats so exciting!!
It sure looks like you found a pretty good one. Good Luck!!!

I like your ring by the way. :)

Jessica said...

Awe!!! Congrats you two!

Frazzled-Razzle-RN said...

Wooooooo HOOOOOOOO Calie how awesome is that!! I'm so happy for you. What a lovely time in NYC you must have had and a fiancé to boot! Good job Caden, you done good! The video got me slightly teared up thinking back to 15 years ago when my hubby asked me to marry him. Good memories. You'll never forget that moment as long as you live.

Unknown said...

EEEEEEK that is so romantic and exciting and just great! YAY!!!

Chanse and Janell said...

OMG!!! CONGRATS lady!!!!!
So excited for you! : )

Amanda Bolton said...

Love this!!

Nik said...

That is the sweetest thing! Congrats.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you Callie!! you are so cute!!!! :)