Friday, November 4, 2011

Days of Gratitude: Day Four

Today I'm grateful for an awesome nurse at clinical.  She let me do everything, instead of just watching her do it all.  She explained things. She showed me things. She taught me things.  She was happy to have me as a student and I was happy to have her as a teacher.  I learned more in one day then I have my entire time doing clinicals.  Grateful for super friendly nurses.

I'm grateful for hot showers because nothing is better then a hot shower after a 12 hour shift on your feet.  Some people don't even have hot water.  Or running water.  Or showers.   Man, I love my shower.  

I'm grateful for a boyfriend who calls me just because.  To check in with me.  To see how my day is going.  To make me smile.   And I'm grateful for the text he sent today:  "I would cancel anything to be with you.  You're my best friend."     Yep.  I cried.  Because he is that sweet that it literally brings tears to my eyes.

Lots to be grateful today, folks.
And I'm a blessed girl.  For reals.

No comments: