Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Nursing School Burnt-Out.

I've officially neglected blog land.
Life is crazy.
School is crazy.
I am crazy.

It's near the end of the semester.  14 days, to be exact.
Nursing school burnt out has set in.  
Focusing seems impossible.

I don't want to go to school.  Or get ready.  Or study.  Or listen to any more of a lecture, in any form.  I don't want to take another test. Hold another pencil. Look at another care plan.  I don't want to learn any new material.  I don't want to learn any new charting systems.  I don't want to learn any new hospitals.  I don't want to ever wear my scrubs again.  I never want to open another book.  

Luckily, I still want to take care of patients.  So at least I've got that going for me.  But, the rest is history.   I'm praying my test scores are good enough that I can coast through the final with minimal studying.  Because studying is dang near impossible.

I hoped the three week break between semesters could be spent snowboarding with my Caden and wedding planning, but I fear I'll spend it in bed sleeping for three weeks solid with no showers in between and minimal changing of my clothes.  


...of course I'm over-exaggerating.   I'll shower.
Sometimes.

No comments: