Monday, January 25, 2010

Perfection at it's Finest.

My first thought when I saw this:
"What the heck? They spelled perfectionist wrong."
Then I realized the irony and why it was spelled wrong.
..and then I realized I'm a perfectionist.

It's never too late for New Year's resolutions, right?
My resolution is to be proud of what I'm doing right now.
I am constantly thinking "what's next?" and I forget to congratulate myself on what I have just done or what I'm currently doing.

If I score high on a test, I immediately think about the next test.
I forget to stop and thank myself for a job well done. I forget to be proud of how I am doing now. I am always setting goals and always progressing, but not always living in the now.
I'm a goal setter, a goal achiever, and a perfectionist.

My goal:
Live in the now. Be proud of what I'm currently doing. Currently becoming. What I'm currently achieving, and stop worrying about what's next.
Stop being such a perfectionist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thee exact same way, blah. :/

Bret and Victoria said...

Sounds great! I need to jump on that train too