Friday, February 19, 2010

Lent.

You know those days when you just want to start fresh?
Today is my day.

I want to re-do my closet, re-do my hair,
wash my car, arrange my bathroom.
I want to clean. I want to de-clutter. I want to organize.

I feel like these last few months I've been half-assing.
I've been slacking. I've been sleeping in.
I haven't been getting ready for class.
I haven't been studying everyday.
I want to go out. I want to go boarding.
I want to play.

I've been doing just enough to get by.
And it's all catching up with me.

I'm ready to crack down.
I'm ready to kick ass.
I'm ready to be great.
I'm ready to give it my all.

So, in honor of lent, for 35 days I will:
Study every night.
Wake up early to get ready for class.
Go out only on the weekends.
Not drink for 35 days.
Not swear.
Meditate.
...and kick ass butt at life.

I'll break my lent March 27, my 23rd birthday.
I'll let you know how things go.
Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were Catholic. That's really cool :) Good luck on all those things. You can do it!

P.S. Getting ready for class is, and always will be, completely overrated :) Haha.

Chanse and Janell said...

Good luck lady!!
Giving up stuff is hard.

Hey! We're both March babies!!:)