Friday, August 23, 2013

Back to Work.

Tomorrow is the day I've been dreading for the past ten months: Going back to work after 6 weeks of maternity leave. 

I've been trying to prepare myself mentally, but how can you prepare for such an event? Today we spent the whole day lounging on the couch in our pajamas and taking naps.  

That's what I would like to do for the next 18 years, but I guess I better put some use to this new nursing degree.... 

Caden worked tonight, so I had Hazel all to myself. She was such a good girl as I got ready for bed/work.  I made my lunch, packed the diaper bag, cooked dinner, did the laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, showered and blow dried my hair.  And Hazel sat in her bouncer and stared at me the whole time.  She didn't fuss or cry, just sat patiently. 

Then, after I finished, I crawled into bed and picked her up and within 30 seconds she was asleep in my arms.   

Melt my freaking heart

She's such a good baby and I HATE leaving her.  Before kids I thought I could never be a stay at home mom.  But, I absolutely see the appeal now.   

Welp, I knew this day was coming.  I just hope I make it through a 12 hour shift without crying.

Here's to hoping....


No comments: