Friday, April 15, 2011

True Me.

Afraid to show my colors,
Afraid of what you might see.
Afraid of what I was,
and who you thought that I might be.
Afraid to show it all and afraid of what I hide,
Afraid to let you see a different kind of side.

But now that you see, I no longer am afraid,
No longer need this mask that I have often played.
No longer am I scared of the person that I be,
No longer am I afraid to show you the true me.
I feel secure and I feel safe,
I feel welcomed and loved.
I feel accepted for my flaws that others have shoved.


I thank you for who you are,
and for who you let me be.

and I truly thank you for loving the honest and true me.
                       
         

3 comments:

Caden said...

EASILY the best blog that's ever been written. I LOVE this! :) you're so talented

Life as a Lindsay said...

Did you write this? Love it(:

Estelle said...

I am happy for you, Callie, my love. And quite envious too.
xoxox
Estelle