Wednesday, June 3, 2009

How I Got an A+ in Anatomy.

Professor and I are talking after class. He is asking how school is going, what sort of grades I'm getting, and other basic information. Then he drops this bomb.

P: So, do you have a boyfriend?
Me: No, I actually just broke up with my boyfriend a few months ago.
P: Do you date older guys?
Me: (Panic mode, because I know he is married.)
P: Not for me, for my friend.
Me: (Calm down a little,) Oh, I never really have. I guess I would.
P: Okay, I'll talk to my friend and get back to you.

Next day, RIGHT after lecture.

P: (Points to me and mouths "Right down your number.")
Me: (Panic mode, because I'm positive the whole class saw and thinks I'm having an affair with my professor. I write it down and give it to him.)
P: (Mentions something about his wife, to make this whole situation less awkward.)

That day I e-mail professor about test, and casually ask what his friend is like. He tells me all about him and convinces me that this will not, in any way, effect my grade if things go terribly.

Toward the end of the E-mail...
Me: So, why did you choose me to set your friend up with?
P: Well, because you're not ugly.

Is that a compliment? Could this BE anymore awkward? If I smooch his 30-something-year-old friend, will it give me an A in his class?

7 comments:

Brittany said...

HAHA oh my weird!! Callie this would be SOOO awkward for me! Especially if he mentions your grade in the convo. You will have to let me know how this one turns out ;)

Becca and Caleb said...

Did you ask how much money the dude has? Cause if he is 30 and takes care of himself then that is soo much different than if he is 30 and lives in his parents basement.. :)

Hopefully its not the latter. Good luck. Smooch away, i hear anatomy is a hard class. ;)

Anonymous said...

oh my I love this situation!!! your life is crazy great!!
I would say smooch all you want! ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

Ha. I am loving this more and more everyday. I want to meet your professor. & his friend. I want in on this. GaH. It cracks me up.
I love you, Callie.

Tate and Brindie Bennett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T said...

OH. MY. GOD. Callie that is so completely INAPPROPRIATE of HIM. Gross. Icky.
That's all I can say...If the his dept. head found out he would be in HOT WATER. It's crossing the line for sure.
Hope it turns out ok! EEEK

ps.
Excited for PRIDE!

nikkicrumpet said...

ok...that is mostly uncomfortable and maybe a wee bit creepy. As a mom...I'm thinking this probably won't end well. Maybe you should change your number lol