Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Heart Breaker, got the Best of Me.

Josh #1 and I were together for one year. His family was amazing and were all very close. Nothing came between them, and no one let the other get hurt. When Josh and I were together, his Dad introduced me to people as his daughter-in-law. They thought I was the one.
-------Fast foward 3 years.
His dad and sister come into my work with dad's new girlfriend. He introduces me as "Josh's heartbreak" and "Josh's love of his life". We play catch up, I help them with their transaction and tell them it was good to see them. Dad starts tearing up and tells me "Come back." I tell him to please not cry or else I'm going to tear up too. Sister tells me I make the whole family tear up and my heart breaks a little bit.

So it's been probably 4 hours since they came in, and I still feel like a big asshole. Like I somehow let them down by ending things with Josh #1. Like I'm the big mean girl that broke poor Josh's heart and, just for the record, that's not how things went down.

BLEH.

2 comments:

Bret and Victoria said...

Girl I am sorry!! That has to be rough!! I don't know how things end with him but guys usually never explain the full situation to their parents if they are the ones at fault!! I ran into one of my ex's mothers before and she started asking me why i cheated on him!! First off I never have done that but thats what he told everyone!! Boys boys boys we will never understand them!! But keep smiling dont let it get you down

Mom said...

Your confused...he was Josh #2