Sunday, July 15, 2012

Things that Make me Happy.

Spend a full half-hour at a fabulous florist, garden store or greenhouse. Inhale.


Browse a bookstore and buy one classic book I've always meant to read.

Put a deep-conditioning treatment in my hair and soak my feet in a bubble or salt bath.

Go outside and do a cartwheel, summersault, or tumble.

Make a comforting treat that conjures up good memories: a root beer float, snickerdoodles or cinnamon toast with the crusts cut off.

Take a coffee break at a nice department store. Sniff uplifting new perfumes and try on a dozen lipsticks until I find the perfect shade.

Make a list of the best compliments I've ever received. Pin it up next to my computer and mirror.

Make some alone time in the bathroom, where I can read a trashy magazine in the tub or belt out Adele in the shower.

Let myself have total stillness for 15 minutes in the middle of the day, even if that means sitting in my car with my phone turned off.

Go shopping for one very specific and completely impractical thing I've always wanted, like kidskin gloves or a fascinator.

Coat my feet with an exfoliating lotion, put on cozy socks and keep them on all day long.

Paint my nails candy-apple red.

...just to name a few.

No comments: