Sunday, July 29, 2012

Week of Festivities.

This week has been so refreshing. Like I just broke free of a way-too-crowded sidewalk and escaped all the smelly people. That sort of refreshing.
Sunday was the WSU fireworks. Ohhh, memory lane. We have been going to this as a family for as long as I can remember. There are about 10,000 people who gather around this little pond at my college. People walk around and visit while other people stare and people watch. Then, around 10 o'clock is the most magical firework show I've ever seen. It's lovely.
Monday Caden and I spent the day in Salt Lake shopping to our hearts desire at City Creek. We bought some more bath salts that are to die for and a shiny new tie for Caden's dad. Then, dinner of all dinners at Good Wood. Hellllllllo, chicken and potatoes.
Tuesday was my last day of real class. EVER. Besides the...maybe 4...classes I have in the Bachelor's year. That's a super great, weird, nervous, exciting feeling. Afterwards we celebrated with more delicious dinner with Caden's dad and grandparents at Maadox. We took a hundred rolls home with us. ...maybe not a hundred, but a lot.
After dinner we went back to the most magical place ever, Caden's grandparents ranch. Their ranch is such a heavenly place. Their garden grows every kind of vegetable and the horses are trained well enough to let me ride on them. It's like I'm a real farm girl all the sudden. Yee-haw.
Wednesday was the county rodeo with both our families. All that horseback riding got to my head, maybe. Something about the rodeo makes me really want to be a rodeo queen. Sequins, hairspray, big giant curls, and bright colored jeans. I was meant for Ms. Rodeo.
After all this fun and excitement, my body rebelled with a nasty cold. Saturday and Sunday I called in sick and spent majority of the weekend coughing my guts out on the couch. Phlem is my least favorite thing, so you can imagine my joy with all that business. However, I did get to watch "The Notebook", "New Year's Eve", and "Life as We Know It". Got caught up on all my chick flick romance movies and snuggled with the new pillow my Mom got me. Life isn't too bad when you're sick, I suppose.
Monday I decided my cold wouldn't get the best of me and me and Caden spent the day on the lake with some of the friends in my nursing class. We wakeboarded, knee boarded, Caden surfed, we tubed and we got some serious sun. Things like this make me miss my nursing class, they are a bunch of super great and fun people.
...and here I am now. Back to real life and back to coughing my guts up.   Turns out my body won the fight and I've now got bronchitis, sinus infection and a ruptured ear drum Hooray for sickness.    :)   But, a super fun week was worth all this trouble.   Hands down. 
Hooray for free time.   
Hooray for graduation.
Hooray for ruptured ear drums.

No comments: